Job Opening Title: Director, Inclusion, Diversity & Organizational Development
Employer Name: University Libraries at Virginia Tech
Job Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Application Deadline: 02/22/2022
Salary Range: 80,000-118,000
Link to job posting: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/968/cw/en-us/job/519020/director-inclusion-diversity-organizational-development
Years of experience required: 0
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The University Libraries of Virginia Tech is hiring its inaugural Director of Inclusion, Diversity, and Organizational Development. In alignment with the university-wide InclusiveVT initiative, and the University Libraries’ Diversity and Inclusion Statement, the Director reports to the Dean of University Libraries and is responsible for the strategic direction of the Libraries’ diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) activities and promoting an organizational climate where we build and maintain enduring climates of mutual care, respect, and responsibility. The position’s activities focus on overseeing the Libraries’ DEI programming and advising library departments, committees, councils, task forces, working groups, and individual employees to optimize organizational culture and foster continuous learning in support of inclusiveness. The director also collaborates with colleagues from other university units, serves as the Libraries’ InclusiveVT representative, and liaises with the Office of Inclusion and Diversity.
Virginia Tech University Libraries serve a vibrant, diverse community. We passionately strive to embody the Virginia Tech Principles of Community and to live the Virginia Tech motto of Ut Prosim (That I May Serve). We are deeply committed to mentoring, serving our community, and establishing safe spaces where our staff from current and historically underrepresented groups can thrive.
– Advanced degree, or Bachelor’s degree plus advanced experience, in a field related to the position or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Deep and broad understanding of core concepts related to diversity and inclusion.
– Demonstrated experience providing training and education related to diversity and inclusion.
– Ability to develop and manage programs, practices, and processes that connect diversity, equity, and inclusion with organizational culture and success.
– Strong understanding of all aspects of diversity and the ability to leverage the value of diversity’s importance within a complex organization.
– Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate clearly, knowledgeably, and personably. This includes hands-on experience presenting in workshops, classes, and/or group meetings.
– Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and effectively with diverse groups of people within a complex organization and fast-paced environment.
– Demonstrated ability to lead, advise, counsel, coach, and mentor individuals as necessary.
– Demonstrated ability to effectively network and build relationships with various stakeholders and exercise judgment on all matters with discretion.
– Experience in organizational development and/or change management.
– Demonstrated experience in successfully planning, implementing, and evaluating the effectiveness of diversity, equity, and inclusion programs, events and/or services.
– Experience in counseling, education, and/or conflict resolution.
– Familiarity with the higher education environment and/or academic and research libraries.
The preferred qualifications are not required. We are committed to helping the incumbent develop their skills. We encourage those people who are passionate about bringing inclusive and diverse organizations to fruition to apply.
Please apply at https://careers.pageuppeople.com/968/cw/en-us/job/519020/director-inclusion-diversity-organizational-development