Job Opening Title: Archive Intern
Employer Name: Tusk Holdings
Job Location: New York, New York
Salary Range: $20/hr
Years of experience required: 1-2
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Tusk Holdings provides a variety of consulting services. Our archiving consultants build digital archives for individuals, philanthropic organizations, and corporations. Projects vary based on client needs.
The Archive Intern will assist the Archivist/Project Manager with two projects slated for completion in the Fall of 2022.
Project 1: Sending a collection offsite and preparing final spreadsheets, digital files, and metadata for the client’s systems.
Project 2: Building a reference collection of news content published about a client over a two to three year period that illustrates key moments and actions taken.
Responsibilities may include:
– Researching tools and techniques for acquiring reference-quality news content
– Building a timeline of key actions, moments, subjects, and themes
– Identifying news content/media that best illustrates the timeline (e.g. articles, videos, photographs, podcasts, etc.)
– Acquiring news content
– Contributing to or editing project progress documents
– Creating high-level metadata
– Labeling and tracking boxes before they are sent offsite
– Conducting quality control checks of digital files and metadata (including metadata remediation)
– Uploading files to digital storage platforms
– Editing collection inventories
– Attention to detail
– Ability to lift 40 pounds
– Ability to work on-site in New York
– Enjoys research
– Experience with cataloging and/or metadata
– Strong writing and communication skills
– 1-2 years of experience working in an archive or on an archive project (current students or recent graduates welcome)
– Cover letter
– Flexible, 15-20 hours a week (within a 9am-6pm, M-F work schedule)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org