Job Opening Title: Digital Archivist
Employer Name: IFIT Solutions
Job Location: New York
Years of experience required: +3
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Vacancy: Digital Archivist.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONSULTANT:
The Consultant shall:
• Provide technical guidance on the identification, selection and implementation of UNICEF’s AMS and TDR
• Provide input during the elaboration of technical requirements and associated architecture for the implementation of an AMS and TDR solution
• Participate in the digitization of physical records with long term value including their digital preservation and related metadata implementation protocols
• Establish digital preservation standards for long-term use by the Archives
• Ensure description of physical and digital archival records complies with international and in-house metadata standards
• Oversee the implementation of the archives’ online access protocols including appropriate Web presence
• AMS and TDR solutions identified and selected
• Roll-out plan at advanced stage of implementation
• Online access protocols and Web presence established
• Digital preservation protocols established
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• A master’s degree in Archival Studies, Information Sciences or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Essential: At least three (3) years’ experience working in records and archives management, with demonstrated experience in electronic records and archives management software.
• Essential: Experience in digital archives and metadata curation within an archives or related organization.
• Desirable: Qualification in one or more aspects of digital preservation
Technical Qualifications (preference will be given to applicants with one or more of the following):
• Knowledge of digital preservation issues, strategies, and standards
• Knowledge of digital archival standards such as OAIS and Trusted Digital Repositories
• Knowledge of accessioning, arranging, and describing archival material
• Demonstrated knowledge of international archival standards – ISAD(G)
• Knowledge of Archives Management Systems such as AToM, ArchivesSpace, Axiell/Adlib, etc.
• Experience with large scale digitization projects is a strong asset
• Highly proficient with desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat Professional, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and an ability to learn new IT systems
• Experience in digital preservation, digital libraries, and/or digital repositories
• Knowledge of digital preservation tools such as ArchiveIT, Archivematica, Preservica, etc.
• Hands-on experience in using digital preservation systems in an enterprise-scale environment
• Familiarity with web archiving tools and methods
• Experience working with digital asset management software applications
• Understanding of the application of emulation technologies for digital preservation strategies
• Familiarity with mark-up languages, style sheets, and other XML-related technologies, using a command line interface and scripting
• Familiarity with large-scale storage systems
Other Skills and Qualifications:
• Fluency in English is required. Additional UN languages, such as Spanish or French, will be considered an asset.
• Strong troubleshooting and overall problem-solving skills.
• Ability to initiate, prioritize and self-direct work.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with a team as well as independently.
Hi! This is Jesus Orozco, IT Recruitment Consultant at IFIT Solutions.
We have a worldwide client in NYC looking for a Digital Archivist for a 12 months C2C onsite project.
If you could be intereste you can send your resume out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I would call you for more details.
Please find below the Job Description: