Job Opening Title: Archival Processing Assistant
Job Location: Minneapolis Central Library
Application Deadline: 03/02/22 11:59PM
Salary Range: $20.00 – $20.41 Hourly
Link to job posting: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hennepin/jobs/3378942/archival-processing-assistant?keywords=archival%20&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Location and hours:
These positions are not public-facing and are located at Minneapolis Central Library at 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401. Department core hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Shifts are 20 hours a week and have some flexibility within core hours, Monday through Friday.
About the position type:
These positions are part-time, benefit earning positions.
Effective September 1, 2021, all new job offers are conditional based on the candidate being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means 14 days after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a full or emergency-use basis, or 14 days after receiving a single-dose vaccine approved by the FDA on a full or emergency-use basis. After a conditional job offer is made, the candidate must show proof of full vaccination prior to their start date. A COVID-19 vaccination card from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a vaccination record from your doctor’s office or a personal digital vaccination record constitutes sufficient “proof.” The candidate must also attest they are vaccinated by completing a form on the first day of employment. Reasonable accommodations to this vaccination requirement will be considered upon request by a candidate for medical or religious reasons as required by applicable law.
In these positions, you will:
– Sort and weed the collections
– Organize materials as needed
– Preserve materials (refoldering and reboxing)
– Describe materials for archival finding aids
Need to have:
One of the following:
– One year or more of office clerical experience.
– Six months or more of office clerical experience and completion of the Office Specialist Pathway Training program.
– Six months or more of office clerical experience and completion of the Healthcare Clerical Pathway Training program.
Note: Education may be substituted for experience on a semester (12 credits) basis.
– Physical ability to; regularly lift boxes weighing up to 50 lbs, bend, lift and stack materials, stoop, reach above head, and stand for long periods of time.
Nice to have:
– Experience with archival processing with a library, museum, or cultural institution.
– Respond positively to changes in workload and assignments.
– Work independently with minimal direction.