Job Opening Title: Archivist I
Employer Name: Confidential
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: March 4, 2022
Salary Range: $27-$32 per hour
Years of experience required: 2+
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Archivist will be responsible for the processing of archival materials and creating original & copy cataloging records for print, non-print and digital items. They will be monitoring catalog cleanup with changes in catalog standards and system upgrades. This position will also assist with the rehousing and reorganizing of the collections. Some local travel will occasionally be required. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Cataloging and Metadata Manager.
This position will include, but will not be limited to, the following tasks:
• Processing, cataloging and rehousing archival materials of all types.
• Data clean-up projects as assigned by Manager.
• Working with processors to sort and organize materials for cataloging.
• Selecting and preparing materials for digitization, in accordance with the Archive’s
• Draft condition reports and flag materials for conservation treatment or for potential collection review.
• Ensure accurate and complete information is included in all records by editing and reviewing existing data.
• Following archival hierarchy structure to reorganize collection material under the direction of the collection manager.
• Processing on demand for projects and research requests.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Key Skills Required
• MLIS from an ALA-accredited university.
• 2+ years of archival experience working with analog and born-digital materials.
• High level of professionalism and integrity with the capacity to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong knowledge of archival metadata schemas (i.e., DACS, DublinCore)
• Knowledge of archival content management systems and technologies (i.e., CONTENTdm, ArchivesSpace)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Technical competence and willingness to learn and grow in technical understanding.
• Experience in conservation and preservation standards.
• Experience with current archival cataloging standards.
• Exacting attention to detail, while maintaining a high level of productivity.
• Flexibility and willingness to change focus when directed.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.