Job Opening Title: Records Management Special Projects Intern
Employer Name: Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA)
Job Location: 1200 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Application Deadline: ASAP
Salary Range: $17.50/hr.
Years of experience required: https://us61e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/pgh2o/Posting/View/172
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Under the supervision of the Chief Information and Performance Officer, the Records Management Special Projects intern will work with the Records Management team leads to facilitate an ongoing implementation of a newly adopted records management policy and will actively participate in a large-scale records digitization project.
• Work with PWSA’s team leads to define a standard approach to collating, organizing, and digitizing PWSA’s diverse records collection, including both historical physical documents and born-digital files.
• Utilize and assist with development of records management policies and best practices.
• Follow defined processes to digitize and index departmental records.
• Provide presentations at team, departmental, and leadership team meetings to communicate the status of the project.
• Using lessons learned from the records management work during the internship, assist with developing standard operating procedures that PWSA can use to supplement this effort in the future.
• Assist members of the PWSA team in collating, stabilizing, and restoring physical records and documents of substantial historical value.
• Provide support for other Records Management team projects as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Administrative skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of general office procedures, practices, and equipment.
• Ability to establish and maintain accurate records and prepare reports/correspondence.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted:
• Current or recent enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in records management, information science, librarianship, and/or computer science.
• Applicant must present an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination at the time of application or prior to commencement of work (subject to applicable law including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 reasonable accommodation requirements).
• Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or prior to appointment.
• A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED / RECEIVED:
No direct reports/ Receives supervision directly from the Chief Information and Performance Officer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The physical demands consist of walking, climbing stairs, finger movements including fine dexterity and coordination, hearing conversation, seeing near and far, and speaking clearly.
• Frequently bending, stooping, repetitive leg and arm movements, lifting up to 40 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a moderate or quiet noise level in the office work environment. Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours or during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) physical examination performed by the Authority’s examining physician.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) drug screening. Continued employment may be subject to drug, and alcohol testing conducted without advance notice and without individualized suspicion.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION:
• Ability to successfully pass a thorough investigation consisting of a criminal history check, verification of prior employment and performance, reference, and credentials checks, and in some cases credit history.
• Applicants are subject to a System for Award Management (SAM) or any successor system search as maintained by the General Services Administration (GSA) to ensure compliance with federal procurement and non-procurement programs.
PWSA Human Resources Department
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on any legally protected statuses, including, but not limited to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, or veteran status. PWSA is committed to providing candidates with reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities during our recruiting process; if you need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or 412-225-8800.
Position: Records Management Special Projects Intern
Division: Management Information Systems (MIS)
How to Apply: www.pgh2o.com/about-us/careers