Job Opening Title: Archives Department Intern (Paid)
Employer Name: Magnum Photos
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: For Immediate Hire
Salary Range: $5/hour + $127/month stipend
Link to job posting: https://pro.magnumphotos.com/CS.aspx?VP3=CMS3&VF=MAX_2&FRM=Frame%3AMAX_12
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Magnum Photos is seeking someone with experience or interest in photography and archives to support the Archives Department Manager and Archives Assistant in the New York office.
Magnum represents some of the world’s most renowned photographers, maintaining its founding ideals and idiosyncratic mix of journalist, artist and storyteller. Our photographers share a vision to chronicle world events, people, places and culture with a powerful narrative that defies convention, shatters the status quo, redefines history and transforms lives.
For more than 70 years Magnum has been creating the highest quality photographic content for an international client base of media, charities, publishers, brands and cultural institutions. The Magnum library is also a living archive updated regularly with new work from across the globe.
• Assist in maintaining Magnum’s digital and analog image archive
• Photo researching and filing
• Related administrative duties that may change daily
• Running errands (transporting film, prints, negatives)
• Occasional scanning
• Applicant must hold or be in the process of earning a degree in photography or library science
• Familiarity with PC platform and Excel.
• Must be comfortable creating and working with spreadsheets
• Must have basic Photoshop skills
• Ability to organize and multi-task
Pay: $5/hour + $127/month stipend
Contract: 2 days per week, 3 months
Internship sessions: April-June (can delay start if needed)
Application materials should consist of your resume, a brief cover letter explaining why you wish to intern at Magnum, and one professional letter of recommendation. Please clearly state which position and internship session you are applying for. All applicants must be available for an in-person or telephone interview. University credit possible. Absolutely no phone calls.
Please apply through the provided link.