Job Opening Title: Digital Access Manager
Employer Name: State Archives of North Carolina
Job Location: Raleigh, N.C.
Application Deadline: 6/3/2022 5:00 PM Eastern
Salary Range: $48,051 – $60,585
Years of experience required: 4 years
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Digital Access Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the branch which provides online access to indexes, finding aids, digitally formatted archival materials, and information related to the collections and services provided by the Division of Archives and Records.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Oversees staff responsible for supervising the digitization of materials and creation of metadata for access through the online digital collections.
– Creates policies, tools, guidelines, and training materials related to the creation of materials for and the use of the division’s online resources.
– Collaborates with State Library of North Carolina staff on shared digital collections, indexes, and metadata standards.
– Oversees the process for selecting materials to be added to the digital collections.
– Manages website and social media tools of the Division of Archives and Records, including development of content, formatting, and workflows.
– Serves on the division management team to assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
– Works with the Electronic Records Archivist to prepare digital files and electronic records for preservation and access.