Nevada State Library, Archives and Public Records
Archival Processing and Digitization Technician
The Nevada State Archives received a federal grant to process and digitize a group of archival records and is seeking two detailed-orientated full-time temporary staff members to perform both physical processing and digitization. Temporary staff will be responsible for separating the permanent documents from the bulk of the files and digitizing selected documents. Scanning and indexing will follow established protocols to ensure adherence to archival standards.
Temporary staff will gain skills in archival processing and digitization work, how to use two types of scanning equipment, and learn the steps for preparing items for digitization. Temporary staff will work alongside professionals as part of the archives team. Once fully trained, temporary staff members will work independently and perform quality assurance on one another’s work product. Temporary staff are invited to attend and participate in staff meetings and development activities related to the project.
Position is for 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. No benefits. No paid leave. Employment on this project will be for 12-14 months. This project is scheduled to begin as early as July 2022 and must be completed by December 2024.
Examples of Duties:
- Separate permanent documents from non-essential documents, designating nonessential documents for secure shredding
- Prepare permanent documents for digitization
- Scan select documents
- Create indexes by entering descriptive metadata into database
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Sensitivity in handling the confidential records of individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Basic computer skills
- Detailed orientated
- Ability to do repetitive tasks
- Effective communication
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work productively as part of team and also work independently
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass background check / fingerprinting because of the nature of working with confidential archives and records
Submit the following documents to the Nevada State Archives Manager, Cynthia Laframboise via email email@example.com
- letter of interest
Review of applications will begin on July 15, 2022. Positions will remain open until filled.
The Mission of the Nevada State Archives is to identify, preserve, and make accessible the documentary heritage of Nevada and serve as its institutional memory. Our Vision is to ensure that state government is accountable, transparent, and supportive to the citizens of Nevada.