Job Opening Title: Records Analyst for Essential Records
Employer Name: State Archives of North Carolina
Job Location: New Bern, NC
Application Deadline: 7/26/2022 5:00 PM Eastern
Salary Range: $35,788 – $58,845
Years of experience required: 1 year
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Records Analyst for Essential Records will provide a wide range of archival, records, and information management services to local government agencies to assist these entities with the efficient and economical creation, management, maintenance, and disposition of public records with a specific focus on disaster preparedness, mitigation, and recovery for the protection of essential agency records.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Providing consultative services to local government officials and staff on questions and issues regarding records management (including electronic records), with a specific focus on disaster preparedness, mitigation, and recovery for the protection of essential agency records.
– Working closely with local government officials and staff to inventory, analyze, and document the administrative, legal, fiscal, and archival values of record series; appraise records to determine appropriate disposition; and provide local government offices advice on the long-term preservation of their archival records.
– Working closely with division personnel on issues such as records management, electronic records preservation, digitization projects, and outreach.
– Working collaboratively with division personnel to plan and implement projects by establishing the scope of the project, benchmarks, and timelines for completion. Working with the Division’s preservation officer to provide disaster preparedness and mitigation guidance to state and local officials.
– Developing and delivering records management and essential records identification workshops for local government officials and staff.
– Traveling in the eastern region of the state, providing records management services, and performing records inventories for local governments with a specific focus on the essential records identification and preservation. Coordinates essential records backup creation with local officials by identifying and transporting minutes to the State Archives for preservation reformatting.