Job Opening Title: College of Southern Nevada Living History Archive Project Archivist
Employer Name: College of Southern Nevada
Job Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Application Deadline: August 15, 2022
Salary Range: $10,000 grant-funded contract
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: 2022 Spirit of CSN Award from the CSN Foundation College of Southern Nevada Living History Archive Project
Search for Archivist / Scope of Project:
CSN Libraries has received the 2022 Spirit of CSN Award to develop the College of Southern
Nevada’s first archive called the CSN Living History Archive. Photographs, documents, and articles have been collected by CSN Libraries throughout the years with need for the material to be organized, archived, and displayed in celebration of the rich diversity of the students, faculty, and staff of the College of Southern Nevada and surrounding community.
We are looking for someone who will:
o Determine the overall scope of the collected material;
o What are the best practices for collecting college archival material;
o What type of equipment and/or fixtures are needed to properly sustain a college archive collection;
o How to safely store archival material while also making it accessible to the CSN community and local community; and
o A plan on how to acquire additional materials that document the student experience at CSN.
o Anything else the selected Archivist recognizes to be helpful and useful to the project.
• Project Plan for CSN Living History Archive including archival procedures, scope of collection, facilities and equipment requirements, ongoing staffing recommendations and projected budget. This plan will be used to secure future grants for this project.
• Project Plan for identifying new materials that should be added to the CSN Living History Archive.
• Archiving of initial identified materials to illustrate the process detailed in the Project Plan.
• Journal documenting the process as described above.
• Create an exhibit from the archived material to launch in April of 2023 that highlights the diversity of the CSN community.
• Mid-year progression report due December 1, 2022
• Final summary report of the project due May 1, 2023 Other factors:
Public relations will be an integral part of the archive building process, as it will become a part of the documented progress of the project. A required public presence will consist of but not be limited to college-wide interviews, photography, videography, and other forms of publicity and promotion involving the archive and the Archivist, to be utilized in areas such as the library website, multiple social media platforms, and other forms of CSN marketing.
Project duration is expected to be from September 2022 to May 2023 approximately. The selected contractor will be expected to meet weekly with CSN Libraries staff to touch base on project progress, needs and challenges.
• Experience working with archive collections.
• Previous archive, museum, or gallery experience is an asset, but not required.
Letter of Interest:
CSN is searching for a contract archivist to complete the project above. If interested, please submit:
• Letter detailing your credentials, past project(s) and vision to bring our CSN Living History Archive Project to fruition
• Quote detailing how the $10,000 grant will break down for each deliverable listed above
This project is funded by the Spirit of CSN Grant, which requires all contractors to be registered with NSHE Supplier Registration. Information on our vendor registration process is here: https://suppliers.nevada.edu/. If selected for this process, you will need to register as a vendor and complete the necessary documentation.