Job Opening Title: Contract Processing Archivist
Employer Name: Knights of Columbus
Job Location: New Haven, CT
Application Deadline: August 26, 2022
Salary Range: $25 – $30/hour
Years of experience required: 2-4
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Knights of Columbus Supreme Council Archives – Contract Processing Archivist Position Position Location: New Haven, CT
Reports To: Knights of Columbus Supreme Council Archivist
Summary: The Contract Processing Archivist will assist the Supreme Council Archivist in processing and preparing materials for digitization. This is a unique opportunity for those who have an interest in fraternal organizations, religious history, and/or archives in museums. This position provides a unique opportunity to work in an evolving corporate archive that recently has reorganized, is migrating its database to ArchivesSpace, and is migrating finding aids online.
Preference will be given to archivists with 2-4 years experience. Experience with corporate archives is desirable. The position is full time Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 4:30 from October 3, 2022 to September 30, 2023, with the possibility of renewal.
Responsibilities: The Contract Processing Archivist will assist with a wide variety of archival tasks and will collaborate with other contractors and interns. Projects include, but are not necessarily limited to:
– Processing and rehousing of physical assets in preparation for digitization.
– Preparation of finding aids and their entry into ArchivesSpace, a content management system (CMS).
– Assisting with oversight of on-sight digitization staff.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
– Candidates should possess an MLIS/MIS.
– Familiarity with archival best practices.
– Experience with archival arrangement, description, and processing.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Demonstrated ability to analyze, prioritize, organize, and work independently.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
– Familiarity with content management systems. Experience with ArchivesSpace highly desirable.
– All hires must pass a drug screening and background check before beginning work.
– Office Environment
– Moderate Lifting (15-30 lbs)
– Monday – Friday Hours
– Tobacco and Drug Free
Salary: $25-30/hour based on experience.
Submit cover letter and resume to VivianLea Solek, Knights of Columbus Supreme Council Archives, 1 State St., New Haven, CT, 06511 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials are due by August 26, 2022. Position to begin on or about October 1, 2022.