Job Opening Title: Archives Assistant
Employer Name: Society of the Divine Word
Job Location: Techny, IL
Salary Range: $20 per hour to $23 per hour
Years of experience required: 1 year
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: POSITION OPENING
SOCIETY OF THE DIVINE WORD CHICAGO PROVINCE ARCHIVES
DATE NEEDED: As Soon As Possible
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits such as Company Paid Medical, Dental and Vision, along with a Company sponsored Pension Plan, 10 paid holidays, paid vacation, sick and personal time, and other benefits.
Organization: The Society of the Divine Word the largest Catholic men’s religious community dedicated to missionary work. The Chicago Province consists of an ethnically diverse population from 27 countries and speaking more than 20 languages. The province and its archives are headquartered on its campus in Techny, Illinois, a suburb north of Chicago.
Mission: The Archives actively collects and preserves the records of the Chicago Province of the Society of the Divine Word. By accessioning, arranging, and describing its collections, it documents the legacy and history of the Society of the Divine Word throughout North America and around the world. The Archives makes its collections to members of the SVD community, province staff, and researchers.
• Process, arrange and describe materials of all formats.
• Assist patrons remotely and in-person.
• Enter collection, accession, and artifact data in an archival content management system.
• Digitize visual material, including photographs, slides, and negatives, and apply relevant metadata.
• Assist in implementation of larger digital preservation projects.
• Promote departmental and provincial activities through innovative outreach activities, including assisting in the creation of digital exhibits.
• Ensure the appropriate housing and storage of archival collections.
• Bachelor’s degree required; graduate coursework in archival or library science, public history or museum studies preferred
• Experience processing archival collections: familiarity with DACS preferred
• Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
• The ability to multi-task and work independently
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Adobe Photoshop
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Human Resources
Divine Word Residence
1901 Waukegan Road
Techny, IL 60082
Direct Line: 847-412-1116