Job Opening Title: Digitization Project Archivist
Employer Name: Center for Puerto Rican Studies, Hunter College – CUNY
Job Location: New York City
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: $25 / Hour
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Responsibilities:
• Prepare, digitize and conduct post-processing of archival material.
• Add item level metadata to digital objects for access and discovery in Centro’s content management system.
• Process digital images for preservation and access.
• Work collaboratively with staff in a team environment on a variety of projects.
• Masters in Library and Information Science, or equivalent degree, with a specialization in archival management.
• Experience with digitizing archival material.
• Knowledge of archival encoding and descriptive standards (EAD, METS, MODS, Dublin Core, DACS, etc.)
• Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and interpret and apply policies and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Strong organization and time-management skills; attention to accuracy and detail is essential.
• Knowledge of the history of Latino and/or Puerto Rican populations and communities in the US is preferred.
• Working knowledge of both English and Spanish languages.
To apply: Forward cover letter, resume and contact information for 2 professional references via email to Aníbal Arocho, Center for Puerto Rican Studies, Hunter College, CUNY at firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line of the email should read: Digitization Project Archivist.