Job Opening Title: Associate Archivist
Employer Name: Private Family Archives
Job Location: Bellevue, WA
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: $30-$35 per hour DOE
Years of experience required: 2-4
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Associate Archivist for Private Family Archives
A private family archives that holds a wide variety of family archival and historical materials spanning several centuries is seeking a new member of the team! This is a rare opportunity to further the mission of the archives, improve current practices in alignment with the archives strategic plan, and enhance the user experience.
The Associate Archivist works closely with the Senior Archives Manager serving the collection principal and supporting the organizational enterprise, along with contributing to and fulfilling the Archives strategic plan.
This part-time position has a schedule of 20 hours per week, with the possibility to extend to a full-time position. The hybrid work environment is both on-site and remote and can offer scheduling flexibility for work life balance.
The Associate Archivist works with and enhances the archives and information systems following the enterprise’s policies and procedures. This role’s activities include, but are not limited to:
● Provides support for research requests from the collection principal and assignees.
● Assists with preliminary accessioning and processing of materials, including appraisal, re-housing, and cataloging.
● Completes critical and important aspects of the digital reformatting and digitization workflow, including preparation of assets, digital and audio-visual conversion and reformatting, and quality control.
● Compiles usage and reference statistics to document resource allocation, trends, and anticipate future needs.
● Updates and enhances the existing records in the digital asset management system.
● Participates in user experience testing to improve digital asset management system, platform upgrades, and onboard new collections management system.
● Provides feedback to refine policies and procedures, as necessary.
● Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Skills
● Graduate student or advanced degree in History, Library and Information Science, Museum Studies, or other equivalent education
● Excellent written, oral, and visual communication proficiencies
● Customer service perspective and mindset
● Ability to work effectively under pressure, with challenging and often simultaneous deadlines
● Experience with relational databases, Adobe, word processing, publishing, digital asset, and management systems
● Excellent library and internet search skills
● Knowledge of archival standards and processing best practices
● Ability to operate digitization equipment and software
Pay Range – $30-$35/per hour DOE
Deadline for applications
The position is open until filled.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.