Job Title: Digital Archivist
Employer Name: The Amblin Hearth Archive
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: $29-$33 an hour
Years of Experience Required: 2+
The Digital Archivist will be responsible for processing and cataloging both digitized and born-digital archival materials, preparing assets for digitization, and monitoring digital preservation workflows for the archive. Some local travel will occasionally be required. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Head of Collection Information and Digital Assets.
This position will include, but will not be limited to, the following tasks:
- Processing and cataloging both digitized and born-digital archival materials including documents, photographs, audio/visual materials, emails, and webpages.
- Collecting web-based content using Archive-It.
- Supporting the migration of collection records and digital assets from legacy systems.
- Data clean-up projects as assigned by Manager.
- Selecting and preparing materials for digitization, according to established workflows.
- Monitoring the ingest of assets into the digital preservation system.
- Assisting in media risk assessment survey.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Key Skills Required
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited university or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 2+ years of archival experience working with analog and born-digital materials.
- High level of professionalism and integrity with the capacity to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong knowledge of archival content management systems and digital preservation systems (i.e., ArchivesSpace, CONTENTdm, Preservica, Archivematica).
- Familiarity with Adobe Lightroom and Archive-It a plus.
- Experience with current archival cataloging standards.
- Understanding of digital preservation principles, digital formats, and concepts related to digital use, migration, and reformatting.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Technical competence and willingness to learn and grow in technical understanding.
- Exacting attention to detail, while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Flexibility and willingness to change focus when directed.
To apply: Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org