Job Opening Title: Records Management Consultant II (1-1.5 month term) Oyster Bay, NY (Long Island)
Employer Name: History Associates Incorporated
Job Location: Oyster Bay NY
Application Deadline: 10/17/22
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: History Associates (HAI) is a professional historical services firm providing customized historical, archival, and records management services to industry, professional associations, government, and non-profit organizations for over forty years.
The company currently works in the fields of archives and records management; collections management; historical research, writing, and editing; museum exhibits; interpretive planning; and educational programming.
We are actively recruiting for records management consultant to work at a client site in Oyster Bay, NY (Long Island). Positions are full-time.
• Examine and appraise materials and determine or validate applicable records retention schedule and identify non-record material.
• Work with NPS SMEs to conduct background research as necessary to understand the nature of the records, their function, order, and the context of their creation and use.
• Oversee HAI Records Management Specialists in boxing records and preparing indexes as required by FRC and NARA Archives standards.
• Provide advice and guidance on how to apply a records schedule and guidance on how to implement records schedule for future records.
• Through coordination with the regional leadership team, create or update file plans and file plan guidance to apply to each program, which can be used as a living document.
• Provide onsite leadership and guidance to the HAI team of Records Management Specialists and be the onsite point person between HAI’s Rockville-based Project Manager and the NPS Staff
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum/General Experience: 4-6 years of experience working with Federal records and providing team leadership
Qualified applicants will be temporary employees of History Associates. As temporary employees, individuals will not be eligible for any benefits offered by HAI.
If you are an experienced archivist or records manager looking for a short-term project, with the possibility of additional opportunities, this may be the job for you!
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.