Job Opening Title:
Name of Employer:
Job Site Location :
New York City
Open until filled
Minimum Degree Requirement:
Bachelor of Arts Degree Preferred
Years of experience required:
1 year minimum
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Include instructions for how to apply.:
OTTO is a photography syndication agency dedicated to licensing design, architectural and interior imagery of preeminent architects and designers as captured by master contemporary photographers. OTTO is the sister agency of AUGUST. AUGUST represents an elite group of portrait, lifestyle, beauty and fashion photographers for commercial and editorial licensing.
The Archive Coordinator role is at the center of all that we do as an agency representing the artwork for 150+ industry leading photographers. This role sets the photographers and agency staff up for productive and effective promotion and production.
In managing the workflow between our roster of photographers and our marketing team, the Archive Coordinator works on the most essential component of our business: image management and promotion. In keeping continuous contact with our artists, you ensure the agency receives all imagery in a timely manner, and that the content is shared on our agency website.
The Archive Coordinator’s role and responsibilities are primarily dedicated to OTTO, with additional support given to AUGUST’s Head of Production and Artist Relations, as needed, and depending on the ebb and flow of image submission volume for both archives.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Maintaining contact with all artists on our roster and/or their studio managers, to stay up to date on what they are shooting and when new work will be available for syndication. Requesting shoots and following up as needed.
• Managing submissions as they come in from the photographer’s studios. Includes submissions direct to the archive, as well as managing WeTransfer, Dropbox and external hard drive submissions.
• Posting new work to the website, and managing image metadata, including captions and select keywords. Organizing and documenting details related to rights granted, embargos and restrictions, so that shoot information is conveyed properly within the archive and online for clients.
• Researching published images and designer’s websites to gather extra details on photoshoots. Reading published stories thoroughly, noting salient points related to design, brands, and homeowners that can help us pitch the shoot appropriately.
• Communicating with photographers and studio managers to verify missing information related to imagery and submissions.
• Regularly check all major shelter magazines and websites for recently published work by our photographers, and update the agency’s list of projects to call in.
• Create pdf tear sheets of published stories and file appropriately.
• Assist in research of potential clients, obtaining and logging contact details for direct pitches and marketing.
• Collaborate with the marketing and sales team on agency email blasts and social media posts, especially related to photographer news/events/publications.
• Assist in managing USCO Registration data; tracking copyright registrations and logging certificate numbers as metadata.
Individuals who thrive in this role:
Possess an innate love for organization and systems-oriented work. They excel in managing data and creating workflows to ensure all information is correct and complete. Meticulous attention to detail is critical to supporting the team in meeting agency objectives.
A love of photography is essential. The right candidate will take pride in the work and enjoy the process of supporting both photographers and the agency in managing image submissions, data, and production workflow.
Individuals who do well in this role enjoy working independently but possess the confidence and curiosity to ask questions frequently and engage in a dialogue about the agency’s work.
• Bachelor of Arts Degree preferred.
• Interest in the photo industry or media businesses.
• Previous experience supporting creative professionals with the ability to interact with artists, producers, and clients in a professional manner.
• A minimum of 1 years of experience in a related field.
• Attention to detail and quality a must. Copy editing skills, attention to grammar and spelling are critical in this role.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are essential.
• Must have a team attitude and be willing to work in a rapidly changing and demanding environment.
• Must be able to take action effectively with minimum direction when working as a part of a team and work well independently as needed. A strong assertive personality, driven to get things done. Self-starter a must.
• A positive, enthusiastic, team player that is flexible, and capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be computer literate in applications in MAC environment. Applications include: Word, Excel, Photoshop, Lightroom. Skilled in Content Management Systems, and Digital Asset Management a plus.
• Attention to detail and quality
• Respect and open communication
• Decision making and judgment
To apply, candidates can send an email and cover letter to email@example.com