Job Opening Title:
Name of Employer:
American Conservation Experience/ National Park Service
Job Site Location :
15 February 2023
Minimum Degree Requirement:
M.L.S. or Master’s in History
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Include instructions for how to apply.:
American Conservation Experience (ACE), a nonprofit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service and the Northeast Museum Services Center (NMSC), is seeking an Archives Fellow to contribute to projects in the documentation, organization, care, and preservation of Park Service archival collections alongside Northeast Museum Services Center staff. The Fellow will be responsible primarily for cataloging the records related to the Home of FDR, Val-Kill, and Vanderbilt Mansion. Work will take place at the NMSC offices in Charlestown, MA.
Start Date: Anticipated mid-March, 2023
End Date: 40 weeks from the start date (*a 40-week minimum commitment is required*).
The position may transition to a nonfederal year-long appointment with benefits under a separate fund source.
Living Allowance (Salary): The ACE Fellow is expected to work 40 hours/week and will receive a living allowance of $900/week ($22.50/hr.) to offset the costs of food and incidental expenses, dispersed bi-weekly.
● The position is funded through the Public Land Corps Act which has specific program requirements: Must be 18-30 years of age to apply; military veterans up to 35 are encouraged to apply.
● Members must be US citizen or Permanent Resident, as required to comply with U.S. government contracts.
● ACE Members must verify that they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or have requested and been granted a medical or religious exemption to vaccination by the time they start their term.
● To learn more about additional eligibility requirements, please visit the website American Conservation Experience EPIC Program (usaconservation.org) Requirements .
● M.L.S. or Master’s degree in History (awarded or in process).
● Experience and/or coursework related to archival cataloging (strongly preferred).
● Strong command of historical research skills.
How to apply:
Send resume with names of three references by February 15 to Teri_DeYoung@nps.gov and cc: to Margaret_Welch@nps.gov.
Learn more about the Northeast Museum Services Center, please visit the Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/NPS.NMSC/.
For more information about ACE, please visit: www.usaconservation.org.