Job Opening Title:
Records & Information Management Assistant
Name of Employer:
Job Site Location :
Edmonds, British Columbia, Canada
Feb. 20, 2023
Minimum Degree Requirement:
Years of experience required:
Job opening URL:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Include instructions for how to apply.:
Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Records & Information Management Assistant – FTT
Job Number: BCH-T-9280-230117E1
Job Location: Edmonds, British Columbia, Canada
Powered by water… and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We’re proud to be ranked as one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
* Responsible for maintaining information in accordance with business requirements ensuring Freedom of Information Act (FOI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) compliance is met.
* Under the direction of a manager or project team, performs a variety of research and documentation duties such as developing a basic knowledge of issues related to a designated project; researching and identifying potential sources of information; gathering and preparing background information; drafting correspondence and presentations for staff; reviewing information and preparing summaries of reports, studies documents and other material highlighting key project issues.
* Analyzes, assesses and verifies information for accuracy; issues classification numbers and maintains current version of classification systems. Monitors filing activity to ensure information is correctly indexed and filed; applies retention and scheduling information to records. Guides staff with correspondence distribution.
* Assesses customers’ information management needs are met through the document and records management practices.
* Provides staff with guidance and ensures information management practices are followed. Identifies, plans and conducts training sessions to staff on the use of electronic and paper information systems and utilization; provides one-on-one coaching/training as required.
* Oversees central repositories ensuring information signed out is returned, including conducting regular quality checks and audits.
* Researches, creates and maintains electronic records system information, including scanning and optical character recognition. Maintains an automated information management system.
* Supports the collection, organization tracking and retrieval and image management of automated and non-automated documents.
* Acts as the “first-line” gatekeeper of electronic documents and records. Verifies information transitioned as a formal record is correct and in accordance with corporate guidelines.
* Provides guidance to client organizations regarding preparation of records for off-site transfer; reviews records storage lists for accuracy; arranges for the transfer of physical information to an off-site records facility.
* Provides technical guidance and assistance to staff to enable them to maintain their websites or web pages; presents formal and informal training and demonstrations; develops and recommends various methods to improve website quality and effectiveness.
* Performs a variety of website maintenance duties such as: writing, editing, updating, formatting and creates new and revises existing web pages and features.
* Maintains currency with new or emerging internet/intranet information and technology.
* Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
* Approximately two years relevant experience within an engineering environment, and a minimum of 1 year experience in website administration that includes a demonstrated applied knowledge of internet technology. Web page creation and coding, editor and authoring software, graphics, scripting languages, website media and management, organizing and control mechanisms.
* Experience with personal computer, internet/intranet operation and providing customer service in a large complex organization is preferred.
* Satisfactory performance on the job requires approximately 12 months to acquire additional knowledge/skills necessary to perform full scope of the job.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE).
* 8 full-time temporary (FTT) opportunities available for approximately 1 year.
* Please note there will be an assessment as part of the selection process.
* Minimum 1 day per week in the office is required.
* Occasional travel to Area Offices across the province may be required.
* May work in warehouses and other storage areas that may be dusty or moldy.
* Must be able to lift weights up to 40 lbs.
* Working knowledge of BCH Records Management policies and standards, as well as the PPM Document and Records Management Practice.
* Technical understanding and working knowledge of SharePoint (HydroShare, PPM Workspace, Supply Chain Workspace) and FileNet Media Space, as well as how to perform searches in PPM and AER FileNet repositories.
* Ability to take meeting minutes, work collaboratively with project team members and deliver presentations (eg provide SharePoint tips and tricks at project team meetings).
Please note the following:
* Web page development is no longer required.
* Any reference to PeopleSoft has been replaced with SAP.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by Feb. 20, 2023.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com
BC Hydro has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees to have a full series of COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof of vaccination on request. This Policy is currently suspended but may resume at BC Hydro’s discretion. While the Policy is suspended, all new employees are required to disclose their vaccination status to BC Hydro.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week