Job Opening Title:
Name of Employer:
Beloit Historical Society
Job Site Location :
845 Hackett St. Beloit, WI 53511
March 30, 2023
Minimum Degree Requirement:
Years of experience required:
a grant funded, project specific position. Scheduling is full or part-time until the funds are expended, not to exceed gross total of $26,000.00.
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Include instructions for how to apply.:
The Collection Archivist position at the Beloit Historical Society (BHS) is a grant funded, project specific position. The project focuses on the organization and cataloging of historic document collections at BHS. This includes reviewing historic records to determine significance and value to researchers, rehousing documents to increase preservation, and creating finding aides to facilitate access by researchers. The archival collections at BHS consist of a wide variety of content and document types including a significant amount of material from women’s organizations located in Beloit, Wisconsin.
• A Master degree in archives and record management, public history, museum studies or other related field.
• A minimum of three years’ experience cataloging historic documents and organizing an archive.
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and experience with word processing programs and electronic databases, knowledge of PastPerfect Museum software is a plus.
• Demonstrates excellent analytic and organizational skills
• The ability to make the archival material accessible and user friendly to the public
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize job duties.
• Ability to work independently and complete tasks as assigned.
• Dependable in attendance and punctual
• Willingness to increase knowledge.
How to Apply:
Submit an application packet consisting of a current resume, cover letter and three references to the Beloit Historical Society, by mail to 845 Hackett St., Beloit, WI 53511 or email to Donna Langford at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Archivist Position” by March 30, 2023.