Job Opening Title:
Records & Document Administrator
Name of Employer:
Job Site Location (City, State) :
Vancouver, British Columbia
March 10, 2023
Minimum Degree Requirement:
No minimum degree requirement
Years of experience required:
Approximately 2 years relevant experience
Job Opening URL:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Include instructions for how to apply.:
Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Records & Document Administrator
Job Number: BCH-R-5754-230224E1
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Powered by water… and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We’re proud to be ranked as one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
* Acts as a resource to staff on the regulations associated with Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and the quality control program as it relates to the release, creation and disposition of information.
* Creates and maintains Automated Document Management System and develops software to meet the needs of the SBU.
* Co-ordinates the implementation of approved systems; trains staff on electronic systems; writes procedures to document changes to current work practices; monitors the effectiveness of manual and automated systems and procedures; identifies problems and potential impact and reports findings to Manager.
* Acts as the key support person to the Freedom of Information Office.
* Maintains liaison with both internal and external client groups; provides demonstrations of automated system to other Hydro groups.
* Maintains the Central Repository of Records (both hard copy and electronic) by ensuring information is maintained in the most secure method to avoid loss of vital documents; provides a wide range of quality control duties including clarifying requests for release of information, opening and issuing file classification numbers and ensuring information is filed and returned to the appropriate location.
* Receives all division or department correspondence, applies appropriate file number and routing of incoming correspondence to staff members for action; reviews copies of all work produced daily to ensure that accurate file numbers are applied and standards of production have been met.
* Trains staff, contractors, consultants and vendors in the use of the document control system.
* Performs a variety of administrative support functions relating to special and other information requests such as assembling a variety of documents and photographs for the department or SBU, examining a variety of original documents, negatives and photographs for completeness, clarity and relevance.
* Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
* High School graduation with completion of an accelerated technology office program or equivalent. The successful candidate will have approximately 2 years relevant experience in a similar working environment.
* Satisfactory performance on this job requires approximately 18 months to acquire the additional knowledge/skills necessary to perform the full scope of this job.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
This role is within the Real Estate, Planning & Project Delivery Group in Properties, and reports to the Information Management, Analysis and Process Improvement (IMAPI) Manager. IMAPI provides direction and expertise for managing Properties’ information assets and manages the Properties Information Management System (PIMS).
The following skills are considered assets for candidates:
* Strong customer service with the ability to support client needs and to respond effectively and timely to requests and enquiries.
* Ability to communicate effectively with staff, contractors, clients and managers.
* Working knowledge of documents/records management concepts, policies, procedures and systems (e.g. FileNet).
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by March 10, 2023.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com
BC Hydro has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees to have a full series of COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof of vaccination on request. This Policy is currently suspended but may resume at BC Hydro’s discretion. While the Policy is suspended, all new employees are required to disclose their vaccination status to BC Hydro.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week