Job Opening Title:
Archivist 1 – Education Outreach
Name of Employer:
Tennessee State Library and Archives
Job Site Location (City, State) :
Minimum Degree Requirement:
Master’s degree in Library/Information Sciences, Archives Management, Public History, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Years of experience required:
Experience equivalent to two years of work on education-related projects in a history-based organization. Experience developing classroom curriculum for social studies including history, and/or government K-12 classes preferred.
$46,999 – $47,000 annual
Job Opening URL:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Include instructions for how to apply.:
Summary: This professional position has the responsibility to provide services to teachers and students in Kindergarten-Twelfth grade (K-12) and students in the college/university communities across the state of Tennessee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides assistance and support for education outreach activities both on-site and in the field
• Corresponds with teachers and administrators about services provided by education outreach
• Assists with the planning, coordination, and presentation of teacher workshops and in-service training statewide and online
• Conducts programming for K-12 and college students during on-site field trip visits
• Supports the Library and Archives’ Field Trip program
• Represents the organization at statewide education conferences
• Develops educational curriculum and digital content for K-12 students, coordinating with the TSLA Educator Working Group and other sections with the Library & Archives and the Department of State
• Contributes to monthly newsletter for teachers
• Manages and promotes the DocsBox program
• Plans and conducts educational activities for public programming events at TSLA and with collaborative partners such as the TN State Museum and TN State Parks
• Conducts historical research into primary source collections
• Performs other duties as assigned
To apply: Please email your letter of interest and resume to the Division of Human Resources & Organizational Development, email@example.com. Please include the job you are applying for in the subject line.