Job Opening Title:
Name of Employer:
Job Site Location (City, State) :
Application Deadline: April 28, 2023
Minimum Degree Requirement:
Years of experience required:
Job Opening URL:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Include instructions for how to apply.:
The Waffle House Support Team Internship Program is an 8- to 10-week summer experience at our Corporate Office in Atlanta, GA. The Archivist Intern will work alongside the corporate archivist as part of our Communications Team. The Archivist Intern will choose a long-term project to complete based on individual interest and will be responsible for other archive and museum management projects.
The Waffle House Archive is dedicated to the collection, organization, preservation, and interpretation of company records. The archive uses the company’s past to promote its future. The Archivist Intern will work closely with the Archivist & Museum Director on a variety of tasks ranging from preservation and cataloging of artifacts to the design and installation of exhibits.
Interested in learning more or applying? Contact Support Team Recruiting Director, Ashlyn Arp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you’ll do:
• Gain hands-on experience with the day-to-day management of a corporate archive and museum.
• Engage with various departments requesting archive and museum tours and curated content.
• Provide ad hoc project assistance as needed.
• Create video content for social media and internal communications.
• Assist in creating a museum or corporate office exhibit on a topic chosen from archive research.
• Learn about Waffle House history and how the archive function supports the company.
What we’re looking for:
• Someone who enjoys research and problem solving
• Must be collaborative by nature
• Creative and detail-oriented
• Self-motivated and excited
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Currently pursuing or recently graduated from a BA, MA or MLIS program in history, library science, archival studies, historical administration, or other closely related disciplines. • Students interested in a career in archives, records management, public history and museums are encouraged to apply.
Who Are We?
Since our doors first opened in 1955, we have always been a 24-hour, sit-down restaurant focused on making people feel at home. Born and raised on southern hospitality, our founders, Joe Rogers Sr. and Tom Forkner, felt a deep sense of community and a need to serve others. Our mission is to serve great food and take care of people on both sides of the counter; Customers and Associates alike. The guiding principles Joe and Tom instilled in us remain to this day. With nearly 2,000 restaurants across twenty-five states, Waffle House has become a southern staple, and a familiar landmark for thousands of people. Whether you work in a restaurant or at the Corporate Office, you can help us continue the mission Joe and Tom began over 65 years ago.