If you are looking for a job, have a vacancy to fill, want practice interviewing, or would like to polish your resume and application materials with a peer advisor please visit the Career Center at the 2016 annual meeting.
Located in the Network Cafe the career center is open:
- Wednesday, August 3: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, August 4: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Friday, August 5: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
The 2016 career center will offer:
- Handouts on resume building and cover letters
- Resume review by appointment
- General career consulting by experienced SAA members
- Posted job announcements
- A place to post your resume
- Mock interviews
- Digital preservation drop-in center for info on furthering a career in digital preservation
Offered again this year, SAA members can schedule an appointment in advance for consultation with a career advisor. Please email Meredith Lowe at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments are limited – the deadline to request an appointment is July 11th.
Here is a link to a Google Sheet of the current schedule of advisors. Take a look and plan to visit (or make an appointment with) advisors who seem most likely to be a good match for your needs. (Advisors listed on Sheet 1, Short bios on Sheet 2). If the name has been bolded and underlined, that appointment has already been booked.
Offered new this year, SAA members can sign up for mock interviews. Please email Melissa Gonzales at: email@example.com. Interview appointments are limited – the deadline to request an interview is July 11th. Mock interviewers will be assigned to simulate an interview setting.
Employers who would like to have their positions posted or would like to meet with potential employees in the career center should contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for information.