Job Opening Title: Digital Media Assets Manager
Institution/Organization Name: Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: 09/30/2018
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 5
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Encyclopædia Britannica is a global information publisher with products that promote knowledge and learning. We provide timely, relevant, and trustworthy information and instructional products used around the world and in various channels. Britannica’s mission is the same today as it’s been since its first encyclopedia was published in 1768 to create products that inspire confidence, with content people can trust.
Manages the maintenance of all aspects of the Asset Management Database including archiving digital and analog assets, reviewing inputs rights, contract terms, and invoicing, and managing metadata. Works with Legal department on requests for permission to use EB-owned videos.
Serves as primary steward of Britannica media assets and main point of contact for inquiries, working closely with Editorial, Marketing, Product Development, International Product Development, and other stakeholders. Provides training oversight of correct usage and works with stakeholders to establish processes for gathering and delivering media assets. Proactively works to assess workflows and improve processes on an ongoing basis.
Strategizes about future media assets needs, and works with stakeholders on content development plans. Identifies content areas that are lacking in the databases and coordinates with stakeholders to fill the gaps. Assists editors in identifying under-utilized media assets.
Provides reports on media asset statistics, use, and availability. Provide information to Editorial, Marketing, and International departments regarding media metadata and licensing information.
Provides support in media acquisition as needed. Assists photo editors and videographers with media research and procurement from third-party photo and video stock sources.
Coordinates with vendors, such as transcription services and video production houses, as well as freelancers to assure that deliverables adhere to Britannica specifications and standards.
· B.A./M.A. in communication, multimedia, library science, art history or related field; some post-graduate work in production fields a plus.
· 5 years minimum work experience in digital asset management, media research, and archiving in archives, museums or libraries, publishing, eLearning, EdTech, or education industries.
· Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel, and Google web apps.
· Working knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms.
· Experience with SQL
· Familiarity with procurement of media from third party stock sources
· Photography and/or image editing skills desirable
· Well-versed in copyright and proper licensing of media for publication
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
· Flexibility and ability to work under deadline pressure
· Ability to learn new computer technologies and teach others to use them.
How To Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the position name in the subject line of your email.
Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. This policy of non-discrimination and affirmative action applies to all levels of employment and to all employment practices