Job Opening Title: Associate Curator for Digital Projects
Institution/Organization Name: The Filson Historical Society
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Louisville
Application Deadline: September 20, 2018
Link to job posting: https://filsonhistorical.org/about-us/career-volunteer-opportunities/
Years of experience required: 3-5
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: We are seeking a motivated and tech-savvy individual to join our team as the Associate Curator for Digital Projects.
The Filson is dedicated to preserving the history of Kentucky and the Ohio Valley Region. Each of our team members plays a role in achieving our ongoing mission of collecting, preserving, and telling the significant stories of Kentucky and Ohio Valley history and culture. As Associate Curator of Digital Preservation, your part in in this mission would the fulfillment of tasks that include:
• Carrying out and overseeing digitization
• Digital humanities project planning
• Conceptualizing digitization projects in conjunction with the development team
• Collaboration with other departments for events
• Exhibit development
• Presentation of public lectures and other public programming.
• Providing reference services to researchers
• Supervising support staff, interns, and volunteers
• Additional duties as assigned
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of collection management systems such as ArchiveSpace and Omeka
• Demonstrated experience with a variety of digital imaging technologies and professional image software.
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office and database management
• Basic knowledge of digital photography
• Knowledge of online social media platforms as well as the ability to participate in online Collections outreach
• Advanced degree in Library and Information Science, Information Science, or a related field
• 3-5 years of experience working with archival, library, or museum collections on the capacity of digital asset management
This is a full-time position with a salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your letter of application, resume, and three professional references (include names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers) to Marian Salmon, Chief of Business Operations via email: email@example.com by September 20, 2018.