Job Opening Title: Processing Archivist
Employer Name: University at Buffalo Poetry Collection
Job Location: Buffalo, NY
Salary Range: 47,000
Link to job posting: https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/27396
Years of experience required: 1
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Reporting to the Archivist for Special Collections, the Processing Archivist will process archival collections from the Poetry Collection backlog and create descriptive tools for each collection including Encoded Archival Description (EAD) finding aids in ArchivesSpace. The Processing Archivist will also assist the Archivist for Special Collections in processing new accessions to the Poetry Collection. This is a full-time non-tenure track faculty position with an initial appointment of one year, renewable up to three years.
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The library serves an increasingly diverse constituency of patrons, and our employees, services, collections, and policies should honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
• Following national and local best practices, the Processing Archivist will arrange and describe archival collections
• Describe collections and create finding aids in ArchivesSpace, the Libraries’ archival management system
• Perform basic preservation work
• ALA-accredited master’s degree in Library and Information Science or Archival Studies
• At least one year of demonstrated experience in processing archival collections
• Demonstrated commitment to advancing justice, diversity, inclusion, and equity in organizations
• Knowledge of DACS, EAD, and ArchivesSpace or a related archival management system
• Knowledge of preservation needs of archival collections
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
• Evidence of analytical, organizational, and time management skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and complete tasks and projects on time and in accordance with task/project parameters
• Background in literature, history, or other humanities disciplines
• Experience working with audiovisual materials
• Some experience working with digital archival materials
The incumbent may be required to move standard library trucks containing varying amounts of library materials and may be required to bend, lift, and carry library materials up to 25 lbs.
To apply for this position, you must apply to the Visiting Assistant Librarian posting on UB Jobs: https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/27396. Your cover letter should address the Processing Archivist duties and qualifications as listed above. Contact Marie Elia at email@example.com with questions about the position.