Job Opening Title: Digital Archivist
Employer Name: Confidential
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: February 25, 2022
Salary Range: $62,000-$70,000
Years of experience required: 2+
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Digital Archivist will be responsible for processing and cataloging archival materials including digitized and born-digital materials, preparing assets for digitization, and overseeing ingest workflows for a private archive. This position will monitor catalog cleanup with changes in catalog standards and system upgrades. This position will also assist with the rehousing and reorganizing of the collections. Some local travel will occasionally be required. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Head of Collection Information and Digital Assets.
This position will include, but will not be limited to, the following tasks:
• Processing, cataloging and rehousing archival materials including audiovisual, still image, and textual digital assets.
• Supporting the migration of collection records and digital assets from legacy systems.
• Data clean-up projects as assigned by Manager.
• Ensuring accurate and complete information is included in all records by editing and reviewing existing data.
• Working with Manager to coordinate the digitization and ingest of physical collections.
• Drafting condition reports and flag materials for conservation treatment or for potential collection review.
• Assisting in media risk assessment survey.
• Following archival hierarchy structure to reorganize collection material under the direction of the collection manager.
• Processing on demand for projects and research requests.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Key Skills Required
• MLIS from an ALA-accredited university or equivalent relevant work experience.
• 2+ years of archival experience working with analog and born-digital materials.
• High level of professionalism and integrity with the capacity to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong knowledge of archival content management systems and digital preservation systems (i.e., ArchivesSpace, CONTENTdm, Preservica, Archivematica).
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom a plus.
• Experience with current archival cataloging standards.
• Understanding of digital preservation principles, digital formats and concepts related to digital use, migration and reformatting.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Technical competence and willingness to learn and grow in technical understanding.
• Exacting attention to detail, while maintaining a high level of productivity.
• Flexibility and willingness to change focus when directed.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.