Job Opening Title: Acquisitions & Accessioning Archivist
Employer Name: Private Archive
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: May 16, 2022 for first consideration
Salary Range: $30-$35 an hour
Years of experience required: 3+
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Job Title: Acquisitions & Accessioning Archivist
Reports to: Cataloging and Metadata Manager
This position will serve as the main point of contact for all accessioning of physical materials into a private archive from properties and offices in several locations. They will also be responsible for the creation of lists of objects from different projects for the creator/collector to select for acquisition; and follow through to the physical accession of selected items into the archive. Coordinate with multiple offices to ensure timely delivery of materials, proper shipping and providing accurate and complete metadata to the cataloging archivists. Will work with Archives Manager to secure appropriate space for arriving materials and be on-site to supervise pick-ups and deliveries of assets. Local travel will be required. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Cataloging and Metadata Manager.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to, the following tasks:
• Liaison with the principals, and their offices and properties to facilitate acquisitions.
• Tracking of all projects to acquire relevant materials for the archive.
• Keep accession logs for all incoming items, and alert relevant parties if items are missing or arrive damaged.
• Create and establish workflows for the collection and accessioning of archival materials.
• Assist in planning and projections to maximize vault space.
• Build and maintain relationships with various offices & property managers, as well as industry vendors and auction houses.
• Assess existing collections for gaps in holdings and locate additional materials to complete collections. Submit recommendations to Archive Director.
• Ensure accurate inventory counts, cross checking all shipping labels and documents against received items.
• Track and log all fine art pieces purchased, received or moved within all properties.
• Assist on various projects as needed, including arrangement and description.
Qualifications/Key Skills Required:
• MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution
• 3+ years of experience working in an archive, with accessioning and/or processing experience preferred
• Film terminology knowledge a plus
• Self-motivated, creative, and team-orientated personality
• High level of professionalism and integrity with the capacity to maintain confidentiality
• Strong knowledge of archival metadata schemas and collection management systems
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines across various locations
Salary range: $30-$35 an hour depending on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, and paid sick and vacation time.
To apply: Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com