Employer Name: State Archives of North Carolina
Job Location: Raleigh, N.C.
Application Deadline: 10/05/22, 5:00 PM Eastern Time
Salary Range: $41,429 – $58,720
Link to job posting: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/3700076/systems-librarian
Years of experience required: None
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Systems Integration Librarian is the expert technical resource and administrator for the State Archives’ online catalog, digital repository for the preservation of public records and material from private donations, and digitized archival materials. This position is essential to continued management of relevant digital archives and library systems and technologies as well as development and integration of open source access and preservation tools to achieve digital preservation solutions for the holdings of the State Archives.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Working closely with the State Library on shared digital collections and content management, preservation of agency websites, social media, and publications.
– Serving as the primary technical contact with state and departmental IT groups to ensure the technical infrastructure is sufficient and the tools used comply with IT policies. Liaising with system vendors and technical staff to convey archives’ needs and negotiate changes and modifications as needed.
– Providing technical support and assistance to staff, partners, and users of the State Archives’ collection management systems.
– Providing technical support for all existing and emerging digital preservation tools and services (e.g., LIBNOVA/libsafe, and email preservation and processing), including planning and conducting system upgrades and overseeing technology installations.
– Implementing and performing quality assurance measures, troubleshooting functional and performance issues, and maintaining technical systems documentation.
– Coordinating updates for AXAEM/DOC, the State Archives’ online catalog, and leading the meetings of the AXAEM Power Users committee.
– Designing and managing specialized projects to customize system interfaces and features, and testing and implementing new tools and technologies to improve user access and OAIS compliant collection, ingest, and migration of digital records of varying file types (e.g., WARC, XML, .pst) for preservation.
– The person hired into this position must have the ability to:
-To design and manage complex, specialized projects, and assess, develop, and implement work processes and workflows.
-To write technical documentation.
-To communicate complex technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge and understanding.
-To serve as technical liaison with internal IT staff and technical support staff for various systems and technology products.
-To work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
-To perform and coordinate multiple concurrent work assignments and functions.