Job Opening Title: Archives Technician Lake Mead NRA
Name of Employer: The Great Basin Institute
Job Site Location : Boulder City, Nevada
Application Deadline: 01/15/2023
Minimum Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in library sciences, history, anthropology, museum studies or related field;
Years of experience required: 2-6 years
Salary Range: $22 an hour
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Include instructions for how to apply.:
The Great Basin Institute (GBI) seeks to hire an Archives Technician to join the Research Associate (RA) Program and work cooperatively with the National Park Service’s Lake Mead National Recreation Area’s Cultural Resource Program in support of multiple archives projects. The Archives Technician’s primary responsibilities/duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Conduct such work as processing, appraising, arranging, describing, and cataloging archival Resource Management records according to current Processing Plans.
• Appraises and arranges digital records and archives according to current park Processing Plans.
• Assists with the creation and implementation of a File Plan for the Cultural Resource branch.
• Assists with the transfer of digital archives to the National Archives (NARA) Electronic Records Archives (ERA).
• Assists volunteers with project work reconciling, cataloging, and digitizing historic photographs.
• Assists with research requests.
• Creates section 508 compliant finding aids to publish online. Increases digital accessibility for researchers and the public. Works with park public affairs office to publish new Finding Aids online.
• Supporting the museum curator with other duties as assigned such as: monthly environmental monitoring, weekly and monthly housekeeping, and Integrated Pest Management tasks, annual inventory of museum collections, contributing to outreach efforts such as social media posts and behind-the-scenes tours, and a variety of other collections care duties as they arise.