Job Opening Title:
Paid Archival Intern for Reparative Metadata
Name of Employer:
University of Texas at Arlington Libraries
Job Site Location (City, State) :
April 15, 2023
Minimum Degree Requirement:
Years of experience required:
Job Opening URL:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Include instructions for how to apply.:
The University of Texas at Arlington Special Collections is excited to announce a paid internship opportunity focusing on a reparative metadata project for archival finding aids. This internship will be supervised by UTA Libraries Digital Archivist.
This position will be completed in person at UTA Libraries in Arlington, Texas. This position is not eligible for remote work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Work collaboratively with the Digital Archivist to establish reparative metadata standards for Special Collections materials.
– Review metadata in Texas Archival Resources Online (TARO) and the library catalog for harmful, inappropriate, and dated language in Special Collections descriptions.
– Update language and document changes in TARO and the library catalog.
– Graduate student or recent graduate in history, archives, library science, information science, and other related areas of study
– Organizational skills and attention to detail
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Knowledge of archival theory and best practices
– Knowledge of XML and Encoded Archival Description
Hourly Rate: $14.00
Anticipated Start Date: May 15 (negotiable)
Hours per week: 20-30 (240 total)
How to Apply:
Submit your resume/CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “UTA Archives Intern”
Application materials must be submitted by April 15, 2023.
A criminal background check will be conducted on the selected applicant. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.