Job Opening Title:
Archivist 1 – Audiovisual Materials
Name of Employer:
Tennessee State Library and Archives
Job Site Location (City, State) :
April 6, 2023
Minimum Degree Requirement:
Master’s degree in Library/Information Sciences, Archives Management, Public History, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Years of experience required:
Experience equivalent to one year working with archival collections, library special collections, or records management.
$46,999 – $47,000 annual
Job Opening URL:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Include instructions for how to apply.:
● Processes manuscript collections and state agency record groups of increasing complexity and participates in group processing projects
● Arranges and describes archival materials in accordance with Describing Archives: A Content Standard (DACS) and other relevant archival standards; ensures DACS compliance for finding aids.
● Assists with holdings management activities, including serving as stack puller as assigned.
● As assigned, assists with the accessioning of manuscript collections or the transmittal of state agency records.
● Ensures completion of collections management and control activities, including collections assessment, stacks maintenance, coordinating preservation and reformatting activities with appropriate library departments, and collecting workflow, use, and other statistics about the collections.
● Collaborate with colleagues in the Preservation and Digital Services section to identify preservation needs and ensure timely and accurate preservation, digitization, and researcher access to archival audiovisual materials.
To apply: Please email your letter of interest and resume to the Division of Human Resources & Organizational Development, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job you are applying for in the subject line.